King Edward VII Memorial is there to help nurses in need.
welfare | hardship | education
Care for the infirm and ill Educational bursaries Welfare for the aged and retired Assistance in times of financial hardship
The Nurses Memorial is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller under registration number Z2140806.
The data controller in respect of our website is The Nurses Memorial to King Edward VII in Scotland. You can contact the data controller by writing to c/o Johnston Smillie Ltd, 6 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ or sending an email to email@example.com.
You can contact the data protection officer by writing to, c/o Johnston Smillie Ltd, 6 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal information is only used for the purpose for which we collect it.
- Only information that we need to process your request is collected.
- Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
- We will only disclose data when we have your consent or where we are obliged to disclose personal data by law.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required for the purpose collected.
- Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure and processed in an appropriate manner to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request (please see below for information on access rights and requests)
These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.
How we collect or obtain personal information about you
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us, such as through your use of our website and its features, when you contact us directly by email, phone, in writing or any other means by which you provide personal information to us.
We may receive personal information about you from a third party, with whom we have had no prior contact, who are applying for assistance on your behalf.
We may also collect technical information relating to your use of our website, including your browser type or the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
We will only ever collect the information that we need to fulfil your request. You do not have to disclose any of this information to browse our site.
If you provide services to the Nurses Memorial, we will collect information in line with your contract for services.
What personal information we may collect
Your email address
Your phone number
Date of birth
National Insurance Number
Family and next of kin
Your IP address
How you use our website
How we use your personal information
We will use the information you provide in the ways set out below:-
- To provide services to our beneficiaries;
- To communicate with our supporters, dealing with your enquiries, recording any contact with you;
- For administrative purposes;
Who we share your personal information with
Your information will only be shared with authorised personnel within our organisation (including our Secretaries & Treasurers) and, where necessary, with our independent examiners. If we think that you could be assisted by another charity or body, we will seek your written permission to refer you to them and we will only supply them with your name, address, telephone number and email address. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How we keep your personal information and data secure
We know how important personal identifiable information is and we take care to keep the information secure. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration or destruction of personal data under our control. Information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may also store information on paper files. All of our online forms are protected by encryption.
How long we retain your personal information for
We only keep your information for as long as we need for statutory purposes. Unless stated otherwise in this Notice, we will keep your contact and application details for seven years whilst we have a legitimate interest or legal obligation to do so. You can request a copy of our retention policy for full details.
You have a right to object to the Nurses Memorial processing your personal information at any time where we rely on our legitimate interest for doing so. Such a request must be sent to the Data Protection Officer at the above address.
You also have a right to object to our processing your data for the purposes of marketing. You can choose how you wish us to communicate with you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information.
You have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your information if:
- You have told us it is not accurate.
- The processing is unlawful.
- We no longer need the information for the purposes for which it was collected.
Withdrawing consent using your information
Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the Contact information and further advice section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on our website www.nursesmemorial.org.uk .
Contact information and further advice
Please contact The Nurses Memorial to King Edward VII in Scotland, c/o Johnston Smillie Ltd, 6 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ or email: email@example.com
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745